Thursday 24 April 2008

News From Prabhu Music - Home of the Music of Deva Premal & Miten

News From Prabhu Music - Home of the Music of Deva Premal & Miten
Having completed their Australian tour, Deva and Miten are currently in India, at the invitation of avatars Amma and Bhagavan, to play at the inauguration of the new Oneness Temple. The temple is being dedicated as a worldwide and multi-denominational centre for meditation in the spirit of Oneness. A million people are expected to attend the 7 day festival.
Their upcoming tour of Europe begins in May and full details are posted in the Events schedule. We are also pleased to announce that booking for the next Tantra-Mantra event in Maya Tulum, Mexico is now open. Early booking is recommended, as this event is expected to fill quickly.

Pictures from the Australian tour are posted in their Photo Blog & a great new video clip from their Byron Bay concert is up on YouTube.

Also, a reminder that Prabhu Music would love to hear from you if you are interested in networking with us to spread the healing power of the mantras & sacred songs of Deva and Miten. To find out more, email us at community@prabhumusic.net

In Love and Light, The Prabhu Music Team

Tantra-Mantra at Maya Tulum, Mexico: Booking Now Open
Deva, Miten & Rafia will once again facilitate a Tantra-Mantra retreat for couples at the world renowned Maya Tulum Wellness Resort on the beautiful Yucatan peninsula of Mexico from December 6-13, 2008.
Nestled between the Caribbean and the lush jungles of the 1.3 million acre Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve, Maya Tulum has been named one of the top ten vacation resorts in the world by both Forbes and Health & Leisure magazines. It offers seaside accommodations in beach cabanas, barrier reef snorkelling, and trips to nearby ancient Mayan ruins.

Booking for this special offering is now open. See the Holidays pages for more information.

"Thank you so much for such an amazing experience at Tantra Mantra. We absolutely loved every second of it. You have all created something so very magical and so very beautiful, I felt so blessed to be there........I cannot thank you both enough for giving us the greatest platform to really launch our relationship and life together from."

"I remain extremely enthusiastic from my experiences in Mexico, still digesting it All!! Truly one of the greatest moment/s of my life... I have an entirley different perspective of men and women and myself...."

World Tour 2008
Deva, Miten and Nepalese Bansuri flute maestro Manose will be touring in Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Israel, Hungary, Slovenia, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, the Czech Republic and England this spring and summer. Be sure to check the Events schedule for the details.
The tour this year will include appearances at a number of festivals, including: The Rainbow Spirit Festival in Baden-Baden, Germany; The No Mind Festival at Angsbacka, Sweden; and this just in: The Colors of Ostrava Music Festival in the Czech Republic, where they will join Sinead O'Connor, Jan Garbarek, Trilok Gurtu and an international gathering of some of the planets top world musicians.

Their European tour finishes in London with a concert at the beautiful Great Hall in Kensington on July 12 - their only UK appearance this year.

Message From Miten
Hi Friends,
Like you, I have been trying to find some way to make sense of the tragedy in Tibet. By the time you read this, hopefully, things will have changed for the better. But how to find the ‘good’ in such a catastrophe...? This has been my koan since the news broke. How do we find a ‘yes’ to a situation which seems so unjust and unfair? I find myself angry and frustrated – but at the same time knowing that if there exists a ‘no’ in any given situation, there must also be a ‘yes’ hidden in there somewhere.
Every shadow is a result of light.

I once heard His Holiness say that it was a sense of compassion that helped him sustain his peace of mind through the original invasion – and the key to his peace of mind was the understanding that we are all one human family.

Still, something inside me wanted to take the politicians and shake them and scream STOP ALL THIS MADNESS - NOW!!! Even though in my heart I knew it to be a futile reaction, the emotion itself felt very primal and cried out for a voice. I woke with this feeling a few nights ago and lay, looking for that ‘Yes’.

We all have an intellectual understanding of the concept of duality – we see it clearly reflected every day, not only in the Chinese invasion, but in all minute personal conflicts, no matter how trivial. The challenge is, how to consciously live a life of acceptance and understanding, without compromising our own truth. I began to see there may be a blessing after all. If I could use the Chinese invasion of Tibet as a reminder, a wake up call, to be more aware and more caring of those around me – to fully tune in to compassion and the understanding that we are all brothers and sisters, that we are all doing our best in life, no matter how unjust things may seem on the surface. Maybe then I could take some good out of the sad events in Tibet.

I asked myself if I was truly living in ‘Oneness’ with my friends and family, and the people around me.

I asked myself if I had any unfinished business anywhere. Did I have any issues hanging over, that still needed to be resolved? Was I holding anything back? Was I sharing myself totally, and authentically, and consciously...?

After pondering this, I eventually brought the question back to myself – I looked at any inner conflict I may be harbouring. Am I being honest with myself..? Am I being truthful? Am I hiding..?

And sure enough, this meditation eventually brought me ‘home’ - as I lay in the darkness, breathing into Oneness, I felt the gratitude and benediction pour through me – the pure thankfulness for the gift of Life itself. It is a bitter pill, true, at the expense of an innocent people, but what to do? - the challenge is to use every situation in life – even tragedy (especially tragedy) - to find ‘goodness’, rather than simply complain. If we don’t do this as we pass through life, we are doomed to slumber

These times are hard, the lessons are hard. And as our planet continues to deteriorate beneath our feet, there will be more lessons coming – as we all know. We can rise to the challenge...what other choices do we have?

So, yes, pray, sign petitions, attend vigils, take part in demonstrations – we all do whatever we can – but deep down, the thing that is going to help the Tibetan people most - and humanity at large – is if we, as individuals, take the responsibility to reach out with compassion and forgiveness to all those around us, with open arms and open hearts.

It all begins at home.

Light a candle for His Holiness and his people tonight...and say a prayer for the human race.

With love, Miten

p.s. Deva suggested sharing this passage from Osho on Atisha's Heart Meditation with you.

Transformation: Atisha's Heart Meditation
"When you breathe in, breathe in all the misery and suffering of all the beings of the world -- past, present and future. And when you breathe out, breathe out all the joy that you have, all the blissfulness that you have, all the benediction that you have. Breathe out, pour yourself into existence. This is the method of compassion: drink in all the suffering and pour out all the blessings.

"And you will be surprised if you do it. The moment you take all the sufferings of the world inside you, they are no longer sufferings. The heart immediately transforms the energy. The heart is a transforming force: drink in misery, and it is transformed into blissfulness... then pour it out.

"Once you have learned that your heart can do this magic, this miracle, you would like to do it again and again. Try it. It is one of the most practical methods -- simple, and it brings immediate results. Do it today, and see."
Osho: The Book of Wisdom, #1

Highlights From The Road

You Gotta Move - Deva, Miten and Manose with friend Khalid on blues harmonica in Byron Bay. Deva Premal at the Melbourne workshop.


Ecstatic Chant Retreat at Lake Ainsworth.
In Fiji, to play for the inauguration of a Oneness Temple at Tony & Sage Robbins' retreat resort.

Links of Note
++On a lighter note - as life goes on - I recently heard Bruce Springsteen's album Live In Dublin. Check out what happens when a rocker turns his hand to folk music – and hold on to your hats! - this is folk music at its bawdiest and raunchiest - happy, tearful, uplifting, deep, poignant, sad, and joyful-for-no-reason-at-all!
++Our book of the moment: Spell of the Sensuous by David Abram.

++And here you’ll find a nice article on the benefits of singing (thanks Timmin.

http://www.prabhumusic.net/
Note from Carol:
Request their newsletter from the above link, & see their lovely photos. Also short excerpts from their music cd's. ENJOY!

No comments: